As our weather begins to warm up, many of us begin to dream of spring and summer travel. As the busy travel months approach, there are several things to consider when planning your vacation.
1. Beware of Spring Break. Not only will you face larger crowds, but the demands will create higher prices on flights and hotels. Remember that every one doesn’t have Spring Break at the same time. Do a little research and find out when other communities might also be out of school. If you must travel during this time, consider “offbeat” destinations.
2. Book now for mid-spring. Great deals can be found in late April and early May. School is still in session and most vacationers are planning for the summer months. There are no major holidays during this time either, so you’ll find more efficient airports, less expensive fares, and cheaper hotel rates.
3. Don’t wait for summer, especially in Europe. As summer approaches, airfares to Europe slowly begin to creep up. Early spring is your best chance to get a decent fare on a Europe flight and the weather in most places will be good.
4. Look for package deals. Most of the time bundling your hotel, airfare, and car rental can result in excellent rates. If you can be flexible in your departure and destination, booking a last minute package deal can save an incredible amount.
5. Want to travel, but don’t know where to go? Ask yourself the following questions. What would I enjoy doing? Do you like exploring cities? beaches? mountains? camping? How much do you want to spend? Do you want to drive or fly? Tripzard (www.tripzard.com) is a fun trip wizard. Take their quiz and you may find a destination that you would have never come up with on your own. Finally, your local travel agent can provide you with lots of ideas and brochures.